START HERE FOR SENIOR SERVICES
– The Clark County Community Resources Center at 55 Civic Way, the same building as the Constable’s Office. The Center is a friendly, welcoming places where anyone can come for “One Stop”information and assistance regarding public benefit programs and other services available for seniors and people with disabilities of any age. This includes all the programs listed below.Southern Nevada Senior Law Project
– (702) 229-6596, FAX (702) 384-0314, TDY (702) 386-9108 http://www.snslp.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK ON LEGAL AID ON THE MENU TO THE LEFT.Nevada Senior Citizen Taxi Assistance Program
– (702) 486-3581 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/TAP/TAP_Prog/ Nevada Elder Protective Services
– (702) 486-6930 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/EPS/EPS_Prog/
Nevada Senior Advocates
- Call this number to report Elder ABUSE.
– (702) 486-3545 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/AdvocateElders/AdvocateForElders/
Nevada Community Service Options Program for the Elderly (COPE)
- Advocacy and assistance to frail older adults, who are 60 years of age or older, primarily home-bound and living in the community.
- Resources and information to any older adult, their family and friends, and/or community and advocacy groups.
– (702) 486-3545http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/COPE/COPE_Prog/
Nevada Homemaker Program
- The Nevada Community Service Options Program for the Elderly (COPE) and the Nevada Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBW) provide non-medical services to older persons to help them maintain independence in their own homes as an alternative to nursing home placement.
– (702) 486-3545 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/HomemakerProg/HomemakerProg/
Nevada Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP)
- The Nevada Homemaker Program is an essential community-based service based on the principle that in-home care can help preserve or improve the quality of the recipients’ lives and reduce the need for unnecessary out-of-home care.
– (702) 486-3545http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/LTCOmbudsman/LTCOmbudsProg/
Nevada Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
- The Nevada Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP) exists to improve the quality of care in America’s nursing homes.
- Headed by a State Long Term Care Ombudsman, the LTCOP receives, investigates and attempts to resolve complaints made by or on behalf of residents who reside in long term care facilities including homes for individual residential care, residential facilities for groups, and nursing homes.
- Long Term Care Ombudsmen work on behalf of the resident and his or her wishes and desires. Services provided by the Ombudsman Program are strictly confidential.
– (888) 838-7305 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/SMP/SMP_Prog/
State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
- The Nevada Senior Medicare Patrol educates and empowers Nevada’s seniors to prevent healthcare fraud, errors and abuse.
- Call SMP at (888) 838-7305 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, to report suspected fraud or to volunteer.
- Visit the SMP website at http://smp.nvadsd.org to learn how to Protect, Detect & Report suspected Medicare/Medicaid fraud or abuse.
– (702) 486-3478 http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/SHIP/SHIP_Prog/
Personal Assistance Services (PAS
- The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides information, counseling and assistance to Medicare Beneficiaries in Nevada involving a statewide network of volunteers.
- SHIP Volunteers offer FREE one-on-one assistance and counseling with respect to many problems seniors encounter regarding Medicare, supplemental health insurance and long-term care options.
) – (702) 486-3478http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/HomemakerProg/HomemakerProg/
State Pharmacy Assistance Program (SPAP)
- The Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division’s Homemaker Program is an essential community-based service based on the principle that in-home care can help preserve or improve the quality of the recipients’ lives and reduce the need for unnecessary out-of-home care.
– Senior Rx – 1-866-303-6323 Option 7http://adsd.nv.gov/Programs/Seniors/SeniorRx/SrRxProg/
- Senior Rx provides assistance to seniors who are eligible for Part D with Medicare Part D expenses.